This a community project for the benefit of the community.
The land is owned by Cheshire East Council and they will give us permission to go ahead if we can demonstrate that we have the funding in place to make it happen.
We need to £220,000 to get the project through the planning system, the turbine built and get us through to switching on the stream of energy and generateing community profits.
So we need hundreds of people and local companies to pledge their backing for the project. In the long run we hope you will become shareholders committing seed-corn funding that will payback benefits for the local community and the environment year after year to come.
We don't want your money now - we just want your pledge. Once we've convinced the council we will come back to you by email to ask you to commit to a shareholding
• Be recognised as a true friend of Nantwich and its unique historic environment
• Receive a share certificate to display in their homes.
• Have their name enshrined in the wall of fame on Mill Island.
• Suggest good causes and vote for the final recipients of the profits every year.
• Be invited to future Mill Hydro celebrations and events.
• Qualify for Supporter discounts with local organisations (under-development).
Individual or family shareholdings are in units of £50.
Corporate Supporters will have a platform to demonstrate their commitment to the local community and to sustainability.
Corporate Supporter shares will be at £1,000 a share.
The bigger your share commitment the bigger your slice of the credit for switching on generations of future charitable community action.
Pledging your support is needed now. Commitments are the foundations upon which we will build the Mill. We will not ask you to realise your share commitment until we have convinced Cheshire East Council to release the land.
To put pressure on the council please write to the leader of the council and cabinet telling them this is a good idea and you want them to release the land give the project their backing. Here is a link to the council
* Remember we don't want your money now - we just want your pledge. Once we've convinced the council we will come back to you by *email to ask you to commit to a shareholding
Please pledge your support now - please click the green button below
We Need Local Support
Support to help us to deliver this project and invest in our community
Generating funds for local good causes